Waxing Before & Aftercare
We will tailor a waxing treatment to suit your skin and hair type - most clients don’t experience reactions beyond redness and minor irritation.
Please follow these waxing tips to minimize irritation and possible discomfort;
- Moisturise your skin daily after your waxing treatment with a Tea Tree or Lavender and Witch-hazel cream as the follicles are open and prone to infection. - available at Soho Wax Lounge
- Avoid sun/solarium exposure for 48 hrs before and after being waxed.
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, spas and other heated sources for at least 48 hours.
- No hot baths, hot showers directly after a wax.
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools or the beach for 24 hours after waxing treatment
- Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours after waxing.
- Avoid the use of exfoliating products for at least 72 hours after waxing as they might irritate your skin.
- Loofah 2-3 times a week in the shower with tea-tree skin wash. The best time to start is 72-hours after your wax. After use, rinse thoroughly and remove all soap and leave to dry naturally in a well ventilated place.
- Avoid using natural loofah's as bacteria thrives in natural fibres. Synthetic gloves are available at Soho Wax Lounge.
- Avoid applying deodorant for the first 24 hours after waxing treatment.
- Avoid applying make-up directly after facial wax.
- Avoid tight clothing after waxing, especially in the waxed areas. Tight clothing may result in irritation and ingrown hairs.
- Don't shave between waxing. This distorts the hair growth cycle.
- Don't pick at ingrown hairs, it may cause scarring, infection and look unappealing. Come in and we will remove them professionally and hygienically. Ingrown Zone Cream helps with the prevention of ingrown hairs - available at Soho Wax Lounge
- Apply cold compress or anti-histamine cream to reduce redness, hiving or irritation.
It is recommended your waxing treatments are scheduled between 4-6 weeks; however, this varies for everyone. Ann will discuss the duration required between your waxing treatments to maintain silky smooth skin.